Good Morning, We are very excited to be included in Natalie Bradley’s Blog Hop. Today’s topic is How To Make Your Ceremony Memorable.
Most of your planning time is spent on details of your reception, after all the reception is the biggest (as far as time) part of your wedding day. However, your ceremony is the most important, it is the whole reason for the grand celebration. Don’t feel you should rush through it. Even though it is the shortest part of the day, doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be memorable. Here are some tips to make your ceremony memorable, meaningful and spectacular.
1. Find the right person to officiate your wedding. Depending on your religious preferences do some shopping around. If you already have a Pastor, Priest, Rabbi etc. speak with them in advance to find out the requirements for them to perform the wedding. They can help you choose from many types of ceremonies such as unity candle, rose ceremony, salt ceremony and plenty of others. You may want to find an officiant, speak with them in detail to see if they are the right fit for your wedding. You may want to ask a family member or a friend to get ordained over the internet to marry you. Be sure to pick someone responsible and have a back up plan. Check the laws of your state to make sure the wedding will still be legal if you are going this route.
2. Write your own vows. Oh yes, this is important. The standard vows are fine but speaking from the heart adds so much more… love.
3. Don’t skimp on the decor for your ceremony. Once again all the focus is usually on the reception and many may just go with “what they have”. If it is a gorgeous site okay but don’t just leave it plain. Add a canopy, hoopa, candles. Buy a wedding runner with a monogram or have a monogram or design in flower petals. Consider other ways to set up the chairs.
4. Keep your guest in mind. You want to make sure your guest are comfortable. If you are having an outdoor ceremony check the weather and always have a back up plan. Consider heaters if it will be too cold or fans if it will be too hot. Serve a refreshment when guest arrive. Try not to have your guest waiting too long before the ceremony starts.
5. The style of your wedding will determine the type of music you play. If it is not too formal choose songs that are truly meaningful to you are your groom. I am sure you have seen all the wonderful videos of ceremony entrances, if that is your style have fun.
There are many more ways to make your ceremony special these are just a few suggestions. Savor the moment and don’t rush it.
Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you visit us again! Next on the blog hop Sandy Salle at Hills of Africa Travel.
- Natalie Bradley at Natalie Bradley Events
- Katherine Shorter at Creating Awesomenessity
- Kristi Richardson at Bloomed To Last
- Chantal Benoit at Chantal Benoit Photographer
- Elizabeth Batte at plainjane designs
- Andie Freeman at Andie Freeman Photography
- Brenna Fields Taylor at An Elegant Affair LLC
- Irene Tyndale at Irene Tyndale Events
- Sharon K Hyatt at Weddings with Sharon of Awesome Designs & Weddings
- Tessa Marie at Tessa Marie Weddings
- Peter Merkle at Chicago Wedding DJs
- Anshwa Lewis at SwaLaRue Events
- Deborah Ashe at Rev. Deborah Ashe
- Angela Christoforo at Elite Wedding and Event Planning
- Liz Coopersmith at Silver Charm Events
- Amber Peterson at Cheers Wedding & Event Planning
- Maggie Evans at Maggie Evans Designs :: handmade bridal couture
- N’neka Scruggs at Images by N’neka
- Kelly Snyder at Southern Charm Weddings
- Cindy Clearwater at Something Blue Virgin Islands
- Kimberly Parks at KP Photography
- Simone R. Ross at Lil’ Tux N Tiara’s Event Sitters & Entertainment
- David Osborne at Sound Insight Productions
- Nicole Hill at Flora Bond
- Shaun Cox at A D.I.Y. Affair Weddings and Events
- Katrina McCullum at Made of Honor Weddings << you are here
- Sandy Salle at Hills of Africa Travel
- Rachel Huntoon at Ashford Manor Bed & Breakfast
- Daphne Simpson at Elite Design
- Kishana Highgate at Kishana Highgate Photography
- Loraine McCall at Mojica Photography
- Teresa Rhodes at Nearly Nesters
- Andrea Freeman at Andrea Freeman Events
- Nikki Michel at Ciao Bella Weddings
- Kelly King at Affordable Wedding Invites by Gossett Printing
- Christine Ringuette at Down The Aisle Wedding Planning & Design
- Myiesha Antwine at Kiss and Tell Weddings
- Ashley Rae at Ashley Rae Events
- Laurie Kuerlemann at Platinum Party Events Entertainment, Ic
- Lydia Wells at Writer Mom
- Melissa Pepin at Melissa Pepin Photography