Let’s face it, wedding planning can be very stressful. The meetings, planning, budgeting… decisions, decisions, decisions. Everyone opinions are flying around about your big day. Before you go pulling your hair out, here are some ways to de-stress during the wedding planning process.
1. Hire professionals. In particular a whire a wedding planner (plug in). A wedding planner should help you make the right decisions and hire capable vendors that fit into your budget. Once you have a team of professionals all there is to do is wait on the big day.
2. Don’t sweat the small stuff. Things are going to come up. Things are going to happen. You will feel like nothing is going your way. It will be okay. It will work out.
3. Opinions are like _____ and every has one. You will get the most unsolicited advice regarding your wedding. you chose the wrong color, the wrong theme… when I did my wedding…. when i waaas a bridesmaid…etc. Some advice may be helpful, while others… well it just makes things more complicated. Stick with your vision and don’t try to make everyone happy. You simply can’t.
4. Take a break. That is right take a break. Every month, week, day, hour does not have to be engulfed in wedding planning. You have to take a breather from it. No Pinterest, no magazines, no wedding reality shows….no wedding stuff period. Take some time to just enjoy being engage. Trust me, it is so worth it.
5. Be realistic and flexible with the expectations of your wedding party and those assisting you. Don’t schedule every weekend for D.I.Y projects for your wedding. Be clear on what you expect with your wedding party from the beginning.
6. Schedule a relaxing massage. Or if you and your fiance’ are great at it, give each other a massage.
7. Find a person you can trust to vent. We all get frustrated. We all need to talk.. Don’t hold it in.
9. Take a mini vacation. you and your future spouse take off for the weekend. You can focus on the two ( or more if you have a family).
Find what works for you. Tell us how you de-stressed on during your wedding planning.