It is very easy to overlook the guest while planning your wedding with everything else you have to deal with. Here are the top wedding guest complaints and suggestions to keep your guest happy.
- Food– One major complaint wedding guest have is there not being many selection for dinner choice or running out of appetizers during cocktail hour. Make sure you order enough food for your expected guest. For dinner selection have a buffet with assorted choices or consider different food stations. Long lines are also a major complaint, the food stations give not only a variety but breaks up the never ending lines. If you have a buffet have it set up so guest can utilize both sides (This option is if you do not have servers).
- Cash Bar– A full bar can be quite expensive. Talk to your bartender regarding your choices. One option is to have a beer and wine bar and /or offer a signature drink. Limit your bar to key times at your reception.
- Bad Wedding Dates– Choose wedding dates that are convenient. Sometimes that can’t be helped especially if you have your heart set on a particular date. However keep in mind traveling times especially with out of town guest. For example, although you may get a cheaper date on a Sunday evening this would be inconvenient for your wedding guest that have to travel to be back on work on Monday or take another day off. Holiday weddings are only convenient if your family members normally travel home. Also keep in mind key dates to major events that may be taking place… you don’t want to compete with the Superbowl.
- No enough Space– Make sure to book a venue big enough to hold your guest. Nothing is worse than sitting elbow to elbow or having to squeeze past people on your way to the restroom. With that in mind, also beware of booking too big of venue. Worse case scenerio if the venue is too big you can always bring in draping to lesson the space and break it up in sections…there isn’t much you can do if the venue is too small.
- Organization– Here is where a great timeline comes into play, a great flow is the key to a great wedding. No one wants to sitting around “waiting” and no one likes to have everything rushed . Balance is the key.Keep these tips and your guest in mind while planning your wedding and you can’t go wrong. Happy Planning!