Before booking your venue.. there are some things to consider. First thing you should consider is the cost; is it budget friendly? Will the cost take up a large part of your budget? Here are just a few things to keep in mind when looking for the perfect venue.
- Are there any hidden fees
- How much are the upgrades…such as they offer rectangle tables, but for round there is a fee…etc.
- What is the time frame, does this include set up and break down. How much will it cost to add more time or fee if you run over the time.
- If they have a preferred vendors list… How much to bring in other vendors?
- Do they have an in-house caterer?
- Do they have the proper license and zoning permits
- Will it accommodate all your guest. comfortably
- Is there a proper back up plan in case of bad weather
- Is it easily accessible. If the location is far or hard to find you may want to book a shuttle bus for your guest.
Things you may also want to consider are your extras… such as
- Flameless candles or regular
- Can you use sparkles, bubbles, etc.
- real or fake flower petals
- Permits for fireworks
- Can you hang things on the wall or ceiling
- Electrical outlets and locations
Yes there are many things to consider when booking your venue. Hiring a wedding planner should be the first step you take after saying I do. Planners consider all of the above plus lots more when finding a venue for a client.